If there’s anything I’ve learned over the past 20-something years, it’s that a good mother is truly an irreplaceable friend. Whether it’s your bio-mom, grandmother, aunt, friend’s mom, or whoever, your mother-figure is the person you can talk to about anything & they’ll always be there to listen. That’s why it’s so important to truly show your mama just how much she means to you, especially during the holidays!
If you need a bit of help finding that perfect gift for your mom, look no further! I’ve composed several gift guides for all those moms out there! Whether you have a cooking mom, an outdoorsy mom, an introverted mom, or even if you know a new mom (hint, hint to my precious husband), there’s a guide down there to help you out!
Please note that some of the following links are affiliate links, meaning I may receive a small commission should you make a purchase through them at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. To read all the legal jargon, you can check out my full disclosure here.
Gifts for the Cooking Obsessed Mom
Okay, I won’t lie: I am all about the kitchen gadgets, but I definitely hesitate when it comes to buying them for myself! I would bet that there are a lot of mamas who are the same way! That’s why when Christmas time rolls around, they wouldn’t complain if you snuck that nice food processor or stand mixer under the tree!
1. KitchenAid Stand MixerKitchenAid Classic Series 4.5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, Onyx Black (K45SSOB)
Obvious choice? Yes. But that’s why it’s first on the list! If your mama loves to bake & doesn’t have this amazing mixer, I can almost guarantee she wants one. I have one & it is fantastic! Not only is it a super time saver & arm saver while mixing, there are also numerous attachments to add other functions!
2. KitchenAid AttachmentsKitchenAid KSMGSSA Mixer Attachment Pack, White
This is definitely on my wishlist! There are attachments that shred, grind, spiralize, stuff sausage, grind meat, cut vegetable sheets, make ice cream, roll pasta… for almost any kitchen appliance, there’s a KitchenAid attachment!Mueller Onion Chopper Pro Vegetable Chopper – Strongest – NO MORE TEARS 30% Heavier Duty Multi Vegetable-Fruit-Cheese-Onion Chopper-Dicer-Kitchen Cutter
I need this thing! (Can you tell I’m the kitchen mom?). My cousin was gifted one last Christmas & I’ve been wanting one ever since! I, for one, loathe chopping onions, but this makes quick work of them without the annoying eye burning.
4. Ninja Air FryerNinja Air Fryer, 1550-Watt Programmable Base for Air Frying, Roasting, Reheating & Dehydrating with 4-Quart Ceramic Coated Basket (AF101), Black/Gray
This little gem has been on my radar for quite some time. My husband loves fried food, & I love being healthy. So I’d call this a healthy(ish?) compromise. Plus it can be used to roast rather than using the oven: definitely a must during Florida summers!
5. Bamboo Cooking & Serving Utensil SetOrganic Bamboo Cooking & Serving Utensil Set By Neet
I love cooking with wooden utensils. No worries of melting or scratching your cookware; can’t complain about that! Plus it comes with utensil holder!
Gifts for the Outdoorsy Mom
In brutal honesty here, I am not this mom. But I do know some outdoorsy moms, so I put my trust in them to learn what an outdoorsy woman would like!
1. Hydro Flask Wide-Mouth Water BottleHydro Flask Water Bottle
I have actually heard great things about these bottles! Great for keeping mom’s water cold or her coffee hot!
2. Darn Tough Hiker Micro Crew SocksDarn Tough Bear Town Micro Crew Light Cushion
Practical & cute? Even I might go on a hike with these adorable socks!
3. Osprey Packs Daylite Plus DaypackOsprey Packs Daylite Plus Daypack, Black
Lightweight & lots of storage nooks!
4. North Face BeanieThe North Face Denali Thermal Beanie
Keep mom’s ears warm & cozy during those winter hikes!
5. The Lost Art of Reading Nature’s SignsThe Lost Art of Reading Nature’s Signs: Use Outdoor Clues to Find Your Way, Predict the Weather, Locate Water, Track Animals―and Other Forgotten Skills (Natural Navigation)
I may not be a super nature fanatic, but I do love learning new things & I probably would really get into this book.
Gifts for the Introverted Mom
If the ideal day for the mom in your life is being left alone to do her own thing, then look no further for some great “leave-me-alone-but-I-still-love-you” gifts to appeal to her introverted soul!
1. KindleShop Amazon – All-New Kindle – Our Most Affordable Kindle – Now With Touch
Okay, being a book lover & introvert myself, I do realize many of us do still love physical books. However, being a book-loving introverted mama, I have to read when I can wherever I can. A Kindle is much easier to carry around than a book. And if the book gets dull? No problem! Just pick a new one from the Kindle library!
2. Burrito BlanketBurrito Blanket
Anyone can get her a fuzzy blanket (which we do love them regardless), but you can be the one that turns her blanket burrito time into becoming an actual burrito. Beat that!
3. Tea Variety BoxTaylors of Harrogate Green Tea & Herbal Infusions Variety Box, 48 Count
There’s nothing better than pausing in my daily chaos to enjoy a good cup of tea. I highly recommend it for your sweet mama!
4. Journal & SuppliesJoyNote Journal Notebooks, A5 Ruled Hardcover Journal with Pen Holder, Thick Paper Soft Cover Notebook, Red, 96 Sheets/192 Pages, 5.75 x 8.25 inches
I am a self-proclaimed journal & planner junkie. Does it do much for my organization? Probably not. But it’s so cathartic to get my thoughts out of my head & onto paper. Something about it helps me breathe better. And if anyone needs a release, it’s moms!
5. Amazon GiftcardAmazon.com Gift Card in a Black Gift Box (Classic Black Card Design)
Yeah, I know… Gift cards are seen as the copout gift. But I would never gripe about a good ole Amazon gift card! Shopping from the comfort of my burrito blanket while sipping my big cup of tea? Talk about a happy place!
Gifts for the New Mom
When a baby is born, the focus immediately moves from the once-pregnant mama to the new little one, which is completely understandable! However, often times a new mama is pushed so far aside, folks forget she’s a new person too.
If you know a new mama, for Pete’s sake spoil that woman! She’s tired. She’s confused 98% of the time. She needs some comfort! So now’s the time to buy buy buy for that new mom in your life!
1. Spa Gift Certificate
Pregnancy & childbirth put a woman’s body through so much. And the postpartum stuff like hair loss & dry skin? I don’t want to talk about it. This would be a great way to help that mom feel human again! And for goodness sake, don’t forget an offer to watch the baby with this gift!
Related Post: Postpartum Hairstyles that are Quick & Easy
2. Coffee Subscription BoxDriftaway Coffee – Coffee Subscription, Fresh Roasted Whole Bean Coffee, Eco-friendly and Sustainable (11 oz – 3 Months)
Remember when I said new moms (& all moms really) are tired. It’s true. We. Are. Tired. Help her stay awake during those often early mornings with a coffee subscription box! Even nursing moms can have caffeine in moderation! And boy do we need it.
3. Gift Cards for UberEats
New moms are so tired by the time dinner rolls around, so she’ll appreciate this easy peasy way to have a good meal delivered for the family.
4. Home Cleaning through Amazon Home ServicesHouse Cleaning – 3 Hours, Standard Products
The first little while after giving birth is such a learning curve! Trying to juggle a new baby, housework, & other responsibilities is tough! Give her a head start by giving her a fresh clean house! Be sure that she knows it isn’t a jab at her own abilities!
5. A 5 Year Journal for MomsQ&A a Day for Moms: A 5-Year Journal
These precious first years with baby are an absolute blur! This gift would ensure that each tiny memory that would otherwise be forgotten in the whirlwind of motherhood are written down for future remembrance.
Gifts for the Sentimental Mom
This is 100% my mom. She has tons of my old toys, baby clothes, balloons from my birth, & who knows what else tucked neatly away in a hope chest. If you know a mom that loves to cherish memories, here are some gift ideas for her!
1. Baby’s First Year FrameBaby’s First Year Frame in Elegant White Natural Wood – My First Year Baby Picture Frame for Photo Memories (White)
I always get emotional when I see pictures of E as a newborn. Even though she’s only 7.5 months old, I am in awe of how much she’s grown! I fully intend on purchasing this frame for our living room once she reaches a year.
2. Mom’s Journal: What I Want You to Know About Me & My LifeMom’s Journal: What I Want You to Know About Me and My Life
This journal prompts mom to write about her journey from childhood to teenage years to motherhood & everything in between! This gift would be such a great keepsake to pass down to her kids. It doesn’t get any more personal than mom’s life story!
3. Infinity Gold Dipped Rose24K Gold Dipped Real Rose w/Gold Gift Box by The Original Forever Rose USA Brand!
A majority of women love to receive flowers. But then they die & the sentimental gift is gone aside from the one or two hung upside down to dry. This gift ensures mom can enjoy her flower forever sans crumbly brown petals!
4. The Grandparent Gift Life Story FrameThe Grandparent Gift Life Story Frame, Grandma
If mom is now a grandmother, this is a great way to commemorate her journey! My mom will probably get tears over this one.
5. Baby Keepsake BoxBaby Keepsake Box – First Mother’s Day Gift Newborn Keepsake Gift – Pregnancy Gift – Baby Shower Gift – Memory Box Personalized Handmade, Acid-Free, Built to Last + Memento Organizer – Slate
This precious box would give that sentimental mama a beautifully organized place to put her cherished keepsakes & not have them squished in plastic totes somewhere under a bed! Completely customizable to her own story, this would be a joy for mom!
Hopefully, this will give you some direction when it comes to buying for that special lady! Don’t forget to subscribe for future gift guides & other goodies!