When I first turned 20, I felt like I had all the time in the world to accomplish all the goals I’d come up with in high school: college, career, marriage, kids… but then 21 rolled around, then 22… and now I’m suddenly 26 years old & I have yet to accomplish most of the things I’d wanted to do. Enter my 30 before 30 bucket list!
I’ve realized just how important it is for me to very specifically plan my time as well as my goals. Otherwise, I’ll have good intentions, but they won’t go any further than that! Writing my aspirations gives me the incentive to get them done!
These particular goals are doable in my own circumstance (almost done with college & have almost 4 years left in my 20s), but most can easily be changed to fit your own particular stage in life!
So without further ado, here is my list of things I want to do before I turn thirty!
My 30 before 30 Bucket List
- Receive my bachelor’s degree
- Become a homeowner
- Be accepted into graduate school
- Have baby #2
- Get in the best shape I’ve ever been in (this one shouldn’t be hard, ha)
- Buy for a child on the Angel Tree project
- Go sledding & skiing (really, anything to do with snow.. Florida girl!)
- Publish a book (e-books totally count!)
- Learn French (working on that while nursing!)
- Complete a ‘365 Photos a Day’ challenge!
- Visit 30 states (5 more to go!)
- Become debt-free
- Eat at a stupid fancy restaurant
- Save $10,000 in our emergency fund
- Make bread from scratch
- Create my own recipe
- Read 30 books (I also do this while nursing)
- Become a morning person permanently
- Travel to Scotland & find our family castle ruins
- Travel to Ireland
- Create a new family tradition
- Start a 401(k) & Roth IRA & start working towards early retirement!
- Research our family tree for my daughter
- Drive across country
- Start a fun collection with my daughter
- Take my daughter & husband on their 1st trip to Walt Disney World
- Host Thanksgiving!
- Create a schedule and stick to it! Dang Type B personality
- Perform 30 random acts of kindness! & then do 30 more
- Get a good digital camera & learn how to use it!
So there you have it: my personal 30 before 30 bucket list! Some are big, some are small, but they all are meaningful! Had I decided to take life by the horns a bit earlier in my 20s, I’m sure I would have included many more travel goals, but I want E.K. to be old enough to enjoy and remember once in a lifetime trips (hello Greece, I’ll see you in my ’40 before 40′ list).
Seeing how goals change as life happens intrigues me! Leave a comment letting me know some of your own goals & where you are in life! We can all use some encouragement & motivation!